SANI-FOOD – FRUIT & VEGETABLE ANTIMICROBIAL SANITISER
SANI-FOOD is used to sanitise fruit and vegetables from harmful bacteria.
SANI-FOOD antimicrobial fruit & vegetable treatment reduces 99.9% of the pathogens E. coli, Listeria and Salmonella in the produce wash water. Water alone does not kill pathogens..
SANI-FOOD’s effective treatment works in just 5 minutes with no rinse required.
SANI-FOOD is effective on both whole and further processed produce, cleans and controls spoilage organisms in the wash water.
Raw fruit and vegetables may be contaminated with microorganisms, including pathogenic E.coli, Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes. Washing raw produce with SANI-FOOD has been shown to reduce the number of microorganisms. If facilities prepare their own salads, it is recommended that washing and sanitising salad vegetables is an important part of an overall strategy to reduce the risk of microorganisms. It is recommended that all fruit and vegetables be washed in clean water then sanitised by soaking 100ppm SANI-FOOD for 5 minutes.
Sodium Hypochlorite based chemical that is a permitted washing agent for food manufacture. Residues at amounts up to 1 mg/kg of the final product (Food Standards Code (FCS) 1.3.3) are permitted on the food. All facilities are slightly different and therefore this should be trailed first.
DIRECTION FOR USE
When making up the solution it is essential that quantities be measured out accurately. The facilities need to check that the solution water is equivalent in effect to 100ppm (free) chlorine.
- Make sure your produce is free of dirt, undamaged and pre-cooled in a refrigerator.
- Pre-wash in water (at least 10 Degrees warmer than the temperature of the produce) to remove excess soil and dirt. You could wash produce that has visible dirt in water.
- Making a SANI-FOOD sanitiser solution:
- Make sure you follow your Occupational Health and Safety requirements for handling and preparing chlorine solutions,
- Use only SANI-FOOD Food grade chlorine (sodium hypochlorite, NaOCI)
- Use a single, designated sink for washing fruit and vegetables, mark a fill line in the sink for the correct water level, than add the SANI-FOOD. You should make only enough for one batch and use immediately.
- You should purchase test strips to check the level of chlorine (100 ppm is equivalent to 0.01% solution “or 100 in 1,000,000) and record the date, time and chlorine concentration in a special book.
- Add the (optional) wetting agent (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate),
- Add washed produce and agitate to ensure that all surfaces are wet and there are no bubbles.
- Soak for 5 minutes.
- Do not rinse (if the final level of chlorine residue in the final product complies with the FSC 1.3.3)
- Dilute and dispose of the SANI-FOOD sanitiser solution in accordance with your sewerage authority requirements.
- Prepare and use the next batch of SANI-FOOD sanitiser solution only when needed, do not store.
- Follow the dilution levels provided for SANI-FOOD to achieve 100 ppm concentration required.
- In 1lt Water add 3ml Sani-Food add ( Optional – 1ml Sodium Lauryl Sulfate )
- In 5lt Water add 15ml Sani-Food add ( Optional – 3ml Sodium Lauryl Sulfate )
- In 10lt Water add 30ml Sani-Food add ( Optional – 7ml Sodium Lauryl Sulfate )
- In 50lt Water add 150ml Sani-Food add ( Optional – 35ml Sodium Lauryl Sulfate )
You don’t have to settle for second best to save money when washing your dishes.
Step-up to the new level in Kitchen products.
Use Enviro Kitchen Products and you will never settle for second best again.
We trust this product will be of interest to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.